Sunday, November 11, 2012

Apple Crisp in a Jiffy

Had a craving for something sweet and I'm trying to avoid the hoards of Halloween candy left in my house. Halloween candy is such a tempting treat - full of chocolate, readily available, and nice "bite size" pieces that make me think its ok if I just eat one, and then one more and one more.  So after some deliberation  between the Halloween candy and the apples that I purchased at noon thinking I'll eat healthier tonight if I have fruit lying around.  Since in the dual between the apple versus the candy I know the apple would loose, I decided to give it a boost and make an individual sized apple crisp instead.  Apple Crisp versus Halloween Candy - Apple Crisp wins!  And if you are my husband you can have your Halloween Candy and Apple Crisp too.

~ 10 min to prep ~ 25 min to bake

The filling:
1 medium apple diced
2 tbsp sugar
splash of orange juice
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt

Mix the diced apple, sugar, splash of orange juice, cinnamon, and salt and then divide into 2 custard cups.  

The topping:
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp all purpose flour
1 tbsp pecan pieces
2 tbsp oatmeal
1 tsp butter melted

Add the sugar, flour, nuts, and oats to the melted butter.  Mix until it becomes crumbly.  Divide and sprinkle on top of the apple filling.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for ~ 25 min or until apples are tender.

Enjoy one crisp now and have one for later

No comments:

Post a Comment