Saturday, September 22, 2012

GuacaPasta


So this week we seemed to have inadvertently been having "Mexi-Italian".   The first part of the week was a great Mexican Lasagna recipe I found on Fat Free Vegan  and then having leftover avocados I decided to make what my husband kindly referred to a guacapasta.  How do you make guacapasta?  Well I found several recipes online for creamy avocado pasta...but once I got to making the sauce it I realized I was making guacamole.  So therefore guacamole + pasta = guacapasta!
My family enjoyed it - we love guacamole and we love pasta.  The two actually go together suprisingly well. Its quick and refreshing making it a great summer meal that allows you to spend more time playing outdoors than locked in the kitchen.



GuacaPasta - 3 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:
1 1/3 cup dry whole wheat penne
1 large ripe Haas avocado, pitted and peel removed
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 clove garlic, minced
~1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
2 tablespoons salsa
1 cup diced tomatoes

Directions:
1. Cook according to box directions until Al Dente, about 9-11 minutes.

2. While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce by placing the avocado, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, salt and salsa into a food processor (I used my magic bullet). Process until smooth and creamy.

3. When pasta is done cooking, drain and place pasta into a large bowl. Add the sauce and tomatoes to the pasta and toss until pasta is well coated. Serve immediately.

Note: This pasta dish is best eaten the day it is made.

Adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod

No comments:

Post a Comment