Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pumpkin Pancakes


We haven't made it officially to fall yet, but it seems like every time I glance at pinterest I'm seeing pumpkin recipes and Starbucks and Panera have already welcomed back their pumpkin spice lattes.  So I guess its no wonder this pumpkin addict's cravings are coming early this year.

So with the help of my little chefs-in-training, I set off this morning to make our first pumpkin pancakes of the season. Siena selects the eggs, Nala cracks, Mommy breaks.  Mommy levels, Nala pours in, Siena taps the  bottom of cup to make sure everything is out.  We all take turns stirring.  Daddy heats the syrup while they cook, and then we all enjoy!

It should be noted that when it comes to pancakes I am a lazy cook, I always make them with Bisquick® as my foundation. I've had a few mishaps over the years and have learned that while I love to cook, during the craziness of a Saturday morning with the girls its best to stick with the the semi-homemade approach.


Pumpkin Pancakes
Prep: 10 min Cook: 5 min



2 1/3 cups Original Bisquick® mix
2/3 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 1/4 cups milk
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

Blend together: pumpkin, milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and spice until smooth.  Stir in Original Bisquick® mix, make sure the mix isn't clumpy, but don't over stir.  

Heat griddle to 275°F.  Pour pancakes onto hot griddle, I usually do about 2 heaping tablespoons of batter for each pancake.  Feel free to make fun shapes: pumpkins, bunnies, hearts, houses - yes I like to amuse my children :).  Cook until you see bubbles forming on top of the pancakes, flip, cook for another couple of minutes.  Then serve with warm maple syrup, whipped cream, and pecan bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment